Products we know, love, and highly recommend for our patients!
Our Favorite Dental Products
Drs. Molly and Corey are often asked for advice on the best dental products. Here are a few we highly recommend.
Click each product image to learn more!
At 62,000 brush strokes per minute, the pulsating action removes bacteria more effectively than manual brushing.
This toothbrush is great for patients suffering from gingivitis, periodontal disease, and sensitivity. It’s also an excellent choice for those who wear orthodontics, effectively cleaning all the nooks and crannies in your appliance.
We also love these awesome features:
- A 2-minute timer to encourage adequate brushing time
- Pressure sensors to prevent you from brushing too hard
- Children with heavy plaque and inflamed gum tissue
- Adults with gingivitis and periodontal disease
- Patients with orthodontics
We especially love the 2-minute timer to ensure optimal brushing time. It comes in two colors, black and white.
- The interwoven material of this floss is extra-strong, minimizing annoying shredding
- It comes in fun flavors like coconut, strawberry, orange, mint, chocolate, and vanilla
- The coconut oil and fruit oils are incorporated into the floss for an added antimicrobial effect, improved aroma, and taste
- Cocofloss makes flossing more fun, which means you’re more likely to stick to the habit
For a demonstration on how to floss effectively and with proper technique, check out this video demo…Opens in a new window to video from Colgate….
This mouthwash with fluoride is clinically proven to strengthen teeth and reduce the risk of cavities and decay.
We recommend using it after you brush your teeth. Fill up the dosage meter in the cap to the dotted line (about 10mL), and swish for 30 seconds.
It’s best to use right before bed since you’ll want to avoid food or drink for at least 30 minutes after using it.
Its slim and soft bristles clean teeth thoroughly and gently, massaging and soothing gum tissue as it removes plaque.
- Reducing the risk of cavities and gum inflammation
- Improved whitening power
- Reduced sensitivity
- Fresher breath
The potassium nitrate reduces hypersensitivity with proven relief after just two weeks of use.
We highly recommend WaterPik Water Flossers for all patients looking to improve their overall gum health, but especially those with periodontal pockets, implants, bridges, crowns, and braces. Water flossers remove 99.9% of plaque in between teeth. Compared to string floss, the WaterPik is:
- Up to 3x more effective for cleaning in between and around braces
- 50% more effective at improving gum health
- 2x as effective for cleaning around implants and bridges
Water flossers are simple to use with plenty of great resources to help you get started, like this how-to video.…Opens in a new window to YouTube video…
Plus, you can choose from an assortment of colors, including black, silver, white, blue, purple, and more!
- Xylitol: Starves the bacteria that cause decay
- Fluoride: Strengthens enamel to help prevent decay
- pH technology: Neutralizes the pH, creating a less acidic oral environment where bacteria cannot thrive
CariFree CTx 3 Rinse is excellent for patients with:
- A moderate to high risk of decay
- Low or poor saliva
- An acidic diet
- Bad breath
- Dry mouth
To use the rinse, swish with 10mL two times daily after brushing and flossing.
It’s great for patients with:
- A high or extreme risk for decay
- Large treatment plans
- Heavy plaque
It’s effective at:
- Decreasing cavity-causing plaque
- Reducing a high or extreme risk of decay
- Improving the longevity of fillings, crowns, and other restorations
To use the rinse:
- Shake each bottle before use.
- Using the measuring cups, combine 5mL of bottle A with bottle B for a combined total of 10mL
- Swish with the combined 10mL for one minute, then spit it out
CTx4 treatment rinse is by prescription only and available at our office. Please stop in or contact us with any questions you may have regarding purchase.
The CariFree CTx4 Gel 1100 is one of the top dental products for patients with:
- Active decay
- A high and extreme risk for decay
- Heavy plaque
- An acidic diet
- Bad breath
- Restorative treatment plans
- Dry mouth or medication-induced xerostomia
Here are some features and ingredients we love!
- Fluoride to strengthen weak areas of the teeth
- pH neutralization to create an unfriendly environment for bacteria
- Nano-hydroxyapatite to improve and strengthen enamel
- Xylitol to starve bacteria that cause decay
CariFree CTx Gum is a xylitol and pH neutralizing gum to reduce the risk of tooth decay. It’s great for patients with:
- Dry mouth
- Active tooth decay
- Low, moderate, or high risk for decay
- A destructive and/or acidic diet
Why Xylitol chewing gum?
- Regular use of products with xylitol can reduce your risk for tooth decay
- Chewing stimulates the salivary glands to produce saliva, which protects the mouth from decay and soothes the tissue
- pH neutralization creates an environment in which decay-causing bacteria will not thrive
The soft nylon bristles have a unique triangular shape to fit between teeth and clean along the surface of the tooth and exposed root surface (if present).
It effectively removes plaque in between teeth where string floss may be less effective due to:
- Larger spaces
- Concavities of the root surface
- Difficult access due to bridges or other restorations present
It’s especially beneficial for patients with braces, bridges, crowns, implants, and larger spaces between the teeth. Watch this video…Opens in a new window to YouTube video… to learn how to use the GUM Proxabrush.
The Listerine Ultraclean Access Flosser features a long handle and non-slip grip to help you reach difficult areas when flossing.
It’s easy to hold for patients who may have less dexterity and improves flossing technique.
These flossers are specifically designed to work around braces with no threading required.
The flosser’s unique structure fits under the archwire and slides gently into the gum tissue to remove bacteria in between teeth.
By making flossing easier with your orthodontics, Platypus Flossers improve gum health and reduce inflammation.
Learn more about how to use Platypus Flossers by watching this video.…Opens in a new window to YouTube video…
ACT Anti-Cavity mouthwash with fluoride is clinically proven to strengthen teeth and reduce the risk of cavities and decay.
Plus, it comes in a kid-friendly bubble gum flavor!
We recommend helping your kids use it after brushing for two minutes. Fill the cap to the dotted line (about 10mL), and have them swish for 30 seconds.
Ensure they do not swallow any of the mouth rinse.
Before bedtime is a great time to add this to your child’s routine since they’ll need to avoid food or drink for at least 30 minutes after using it.
It’s ideal for patients with sensitive teeth, gums, or mouth sores.
CloSYS Ultrasensitive Mouthwash is a naturally activated mouth rinse with Clorastan. This antimicrobial kills bacteria without irritating sensitive mouths.
It’s pH balanced for patients who suffer from dry mouth or mouth sores. We recommend using it by first brushing for two minutes, then swish with 1.5 ounces (about two capfuls) for 30 seconds to one minute.