What we know, is that our patients FEEL our passion. They feel that we are their biggest cheerleaders. They feel that we want the best for them. They do NOT feel judged. We want to give every patient the opportunity to say YES to the best dental care.
How Do You Know You May Have a Cavity?
If you visit Karmazin Dental for regular checkups, we will find cavities early. The sooner a cavity is treated, the better the outcome for your tooth, and the less invasive the treatment is likely to be. Another reason to get regular dental checkups.
Here are a few warning signs of a cavity:
- Your tooth is sensitive to hot or cold foods and drinks.
- There is sensitivity to sugary foods and drinks.
- You feel an ongoing ache in the tooth.
- There is a hole or pit in a tooth.
- The tooth looks stained, either white or a darker color.
We will use a small mirror to examine the surfaces of each tooth, and anything that looks abnormal will be closely checked and X-rayed. The dental filling treatment will depend on the extent of damage and the type of filling we agree on.
The Dental Filling Procedure
Dental fillings are a simple procedure. To start, Karmazin Dental will examine your mouth and use dental instruments to check the cavity. We may take an X-ray of the tooth to see the extent of the tooth decay.
We will administer a local anesthetic to numb the tooth area. This will prevent any discomfort. You might not need an anesthetic if the filling is just on the tooth surface.
Once the area is numb, we will most likely use a dental drill to remove the decay. Next, we will sterilize and prepare the area for the filling and then fill the hole. Some types of fillings are cured, or hardened, with a blue wavelength light.
Finally, we will polish the tooth and check to make sure that your bite is correct.
It's a Team Thing. Here at Karmazin Dental, we invest heavily in recruitment of “A+” team members. Everyone on Team Karmazin has unparallel talent and an ongoing commitment to continuing education. No matter who you see at your appointment, you can be assured that you will be met with a wealth of experience and knowledge not to mention, unequaled customer service.
Not Insurance Driven. The restrictions and limitations that dental insurance puts on its members and Dentists is continuously changing and it is not always for the betterment of the patient. Our focus at Karmazin Dental is to provide patients with the best course of treatment for them, period. For patients without dental insurance, we offer and in house membership plan, which gives the power BACK to our patients. By removing the restrictions of what insurance says they will or will not cover, patients get to spend their money the way they want.
Our philosophy is
CUSTOMIZED ORAL CARE
Growth: Always in ALL – Ways
Gratitude: Our patients provide EVERYTHING
Relentless: Clinical Excellence & continuing OUR education
Never Settle: Provide excellence but have the humility to know we will never get there. There is always something more to do, learn and improve upon.
20/20: Complete transparency with our patients and our team.
Integrity to the Core: Do what we say and say what we think.
The Different Types of Dental Fillings
There are several types of tooth fillings used today. These include traditional metal fillings, as well as composite fillings, which are newer and growing in popularity.
- Silver-color fillings- These are metal amalgams, a combination of silver, mercury, tin, and copper. This material is more durable than tooth-color fillings and more affordable than other materials. Some people may have concerns about the mercury content, but experts have found no clinical evidence that amalgam fillings are harmful.
- White tooth-color fillings (composites)- These are a combination of glass or quartz particles and acrylic resin. This material is durable and costs a little more than metal amalgams.
- Gold fillings- This mix of gold, copper, and other metals is quite durable but more expensive. They are also not natural looking. Gold fillings are made in a lab after we take an impression of your tooth.
- Glass ionomer fillings- These are also tooth-colored but not as strong as composites. They are made of acrylic and a type of glass that contains fluoride which can help prevent cavities. They are often used for children’s teeth.
- Porcelain fillings- These, while about as expensive as gold fillings, look natural. They are made in a lab after we take an impression of your tooth.
Dental Fillings Aftercare
Once your dental filling is finished, you will continue to have a numbing sensation in the area for several hours. Once the numbness has worn off, you are able to resume your daily activities. You will treat your filling like you do the rest of your teeth. Continuing to brush and floss properly will ensure your dental filling lasts a long time.
During your regular check-ups with Karmazin Dental, we will check the integrity of the filling and ensure that further decay has not occurred. You may experience some sensitivity following your treatment as well. This is common and should subside after some time.
If you have pain in the area, talk with us right away. If your dental filling ever cracks or falls out, make an appointment right away to have it repaired or replaced to prevent further damage from occurring in the tooth.
We Love Creating Beautiful Smiles
The entire team at Karmazin Dental share the exceptional passion radiating from Drs. Molly and Corey Karmazin. Each member of the team works diligently to provide modern dental technology, loving care, and time conscious service. You will find five unique qualities that each team member shares. We believe in and practice team ethics and we collectively make every day and every appointment fun. The unbridled desire for continuing education brings to you a higher level of expertise and skills. You will leave with a smile after experiencing our patience and positive attitudes. We share the simple goal of making your smile the invaluable asset it should be. Please call, text, or email to make your appointment for an evaluation of the benefits of a dental filling placed for you.
Our number is 605-323-1320 and we have plenty of convenient parking at our office, 5701 S. Remington Pl, Sioux Falls, SD 57108. At Karmazin Dental we want to achieve perfection with every procedure, but we will accept excellence.