What we know, is that our patients FEEL our passion. They feel that we are their biggest cheerleaders. They feel that we want the best for them. They do NOT feel judged. We want to give every patient the opportunity to say YES to the best dental care.
The Benefits and Advantages of Dental Implants and Implant Restoration
Dental implants offer significant benefits for patients including the following:
- Improved appearance- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. They are designed to fuse with bone, creating security, stability, and longevity.
- Improved speech- With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort- Because they literally become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating- Slipping and sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without discomfort.
- Improved self-esteem- Dental implants will restore your healthy smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health- Dental implants do not require the assistance of other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because the adjoining teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your natural teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, also improving oral hygiene.
- Durability- Implants are durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience- Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for adhesives to keep them in place.
It's a Team Thing. Here at Karmazin Dental, we invest heavily in recruitment of “A+” team members. Everyone on Team Karmazin has unparallel talent and an ongoing commitment to continuing education. No matter who you see at your appointment, you can be assured that you will be met with a wealth of experience and knowledge not to mention, unequaled customer service.
Not Insurance Driven. The restrictions and limitations that dental insurance puts on its members and Dentists is continuously changing and it is not always for the betterment of the patient. Our focus at Karmazin Dental is to provide patients with the best course of treatment for them, period. For patients without dental insurance, we offer and in house membership plan, which gives the power BACK to our patients. By removing the restrictions of what insurance says they will or will not cover, patients get to spend their money the way they want.
Our philosophy is
CUSTOMIZED ORAL CARE
Growth: Always in ALL – Ways
Gratitude: Our patients provide EVERYTHING
Relentless: Clinical Excellence & continuing OUR education
Never Settle: Provide excellence but have the humility to know we will never get there. There is always something more to do, learn and improve upon.
20/20: Complete transparency with our patients and our team.
Integrity to the Core: Do what we say and say what we think.
The Dental Implant and Implant Restoration Process
The process of having a dental implant installed is multi-faceted and will take more than one visit and several months to complete. The first step might begin with an extraction of a tooth. This may be due to decay, or a level of damage to the tooth that is irreparable. From there, Karmazin Dental will use advanced 3D digital x-rays to examine the density of your jawbone to confirm that there is enough mass to support the implant successfully.
Once we have confirmed that you are a good candidate for the procedure, they administer a local anesthetic to numb the area. If advantageous for you, we can discuss the addition of a dental sedation to deal with any anxiety. We will create a small incision and place a small titanium post into your jawbone. The jawbone and post will fuse and integrate over the next few months. This important process is called osseointegration. We may use a platelet-rich fibrin and platelet-rich plasma to accelerate your healing process.
Once the post is stable, we will add an abutment or extension to the post to reach the surface of your gumline. Finally, the crown will then be added, either using an internal screw or dental cement. Your new tooth is now placed, and the procedure is complete.
Dental Implant & Restoration Aftercare
When it comes to the longevity of your dental implant, the primary factor is your oral hygiene. A dental implant should be treated like a natural tooth and should be properly brushed and flossed. This will help to ensure the health of your gums, and your surrounding natural teeth.
Make sure to brush, floss and rinse your mouth to ensure proper overall oral health.
It is also important to understand that, while dental implants are strong, the healing time is imperative for the success of the implants after they are initially placed. For the first few weeks, a diet consisting of softer food is recommended, with a slow introduction of harder foods. Your jawbone needs to acclimate to the new force that is being applied to it.
If your implant was placed because of a sports injury, make sure to use a mouth guard moving forward for proper protection.
A dental implant is an excellent, long-term option for tooth replacement. If you are missing a tooth or need a tooth pulled, consult with Karmazin Dental about whether a tooth implant is an option for you.
We Love Creating Beautiful Smiles
The entire team at Karmazin Dental share the exceptional passion radiating from Drs. Molly and Corey Karmazin. Each member of the team works diligently to provide modern dental technology, loving care, and time conscious service. You will find five unique qualities that each team member shares. We believe in and practice team ethics and we collectively make every day and every appointment fun. The unbridled desire for continuing education brings to you a higher level of expertise and skills. You will leave with a smile after experiencing our patience and positive attitudes. We share the simple goal of making your smile the invaluable asset it should be. Please call, text, or email to make your appointment for an evaluation of the benefits of a dental implant and implant restoration for you.
Our number is 605-323-1320 and we have plenty of convenient parking at our office, 5701 S. Remington Pl, Sioux Falls, SD 57108. At Karmazin Dental we want to achieve perfection with every procedure, but we will accept excellence.