What we know, is that our patients FEEL our passion. They feel that we are their biggest cheerleaders. They feel that we want the best for them. They do NOT feel judged. We want to give every patient the opportunity to say YES to the best dental care.
The Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
Due to sleep apnea’s prevalence and potential health impact, it is important for you to be aware of what sleep apnea is and to know the symptoms, types, causes, and treatments.
The most common signs associated with sleep apnea include the following:
- Waking up in the night multiple times gasping for air.
- You have chronic headaches in the morning.
- You experience loud snoring.
- Your throat is extremely dry upon waking.
- You have chronic fatigue.
- You experience brain fog or memory loss.
- You have mood swings, depression, or other mood disorders.
The Dangers of Sleep Apnea
A common misconception about sleep apnea is that it is not a significant health issue. Although the snoring may be troublesome for your partner, sleep apnea can result in much more serious health issues occurring, including the following:
- High Blood Pressure
- Increased Risk of Diabetes
- Diminished Sex Drive
- Heart Disease
- Heart Attack
- Memory Loss
It's a Team Thing. Here at Karmazin Dental, we invest heavily in recruitment of “A+” team members. Everyone on Team Karmazin has unparallel talent and an ongoing commitment to continuing education. No matter who you see at your appointment, you can be assured that you will be met with a wealth of experience and knowledge not to mention, unequaled customer service.
Not Insurance Driven. The restrictions and limitations that dental insurance puts on its members and Dentists is continuously changing and it is not always for the betterment of the patient. Our focus at Karmazin Dental is to provide patients with the best course of treatment for them, period. For patients without dental insurance, we offer and in house membership plan, which gives the power BACK to our patients. By removing the restrictions of what insurance says they will or will not cover, patients get to spend their money the way they want.
Our philosophy is
CUSTOMIZED ORAL CARE
Growth: Always in ALL – Ways
Gratitude: Our patients provide EVERYTHING
Relentless: Clinical Excellence & continuing OUR education
Never Settle: Provide excellence but have the humility to know we will never get there. There is always something more to do, learn and improve upon.
20/20: Complete transparency with our patients and our team.
Integrity to the Core: Do what we say and say what we think.
Sleep Apnea Treatment Options
There are a range of treatment options available. Certain treatments are designed to correct the root cause of your sleep apnea while others are meant to help reduce the symptoms. Talk with Karmazin Dental about which treatment option is right for you.
- Lifestyle Change: The good news about sleep apnea is that in many cases, it can be corrected by changing some daily habits and improving your self-care. If you are committed to pursuing nonsurgical methods and treat this issue naturally, there are several options available. Exercising more, being aware of eating healthy, and reducing or eliminating the use of nicotine and alcohol can have tremendous positive results in addressing your sleep apnea symptoms. Taking steps to reducing your stress, either through mindfulness, yoga, massage, or a reduced workload can also help reduce or even eliminate sleep apnea issues.
- Surgery: If you have made changes to your daily habits and still suffer from sleep apnea, there are surgical procedures that can be performed that will widen your breathing passageways.
- CPAP Machine: A CPAP Machine is a common treatment option for sleep apnea. The CPAP machine blows pressurized air through a mask that is placed over your nose and mouth while you sleep. This is an effective way to keep your airways open.
- Oral Appliance Therapy: Karmazin Dental can help by providing an oral appliance, much like a mouthguard, which you can comfortably wear at night. It is designed to gently open your airway while you sleep, making it easier to breathe. Research shows the oral appliance is equally as effective as the CPAP machine for cases of mild to moderate sleep apnea.
Stopping your snoring not only benefits your overall health but your relationships as well. You can feel rested and sleep in the same room without bothering loved ones. As your dental healthcare provider, we will work closely with your physician to treat your sleep apnea and snoring.
If you believe you may have sleep apnea, be sure to get tested and treated. Doing so may have a profoundly positive impact on your overall health and prevent these serious issues from developing.
We Love Creating Beautiful Smiles
The entire team at Karmazin Dental share the exceptional passion radiating from Drs. Molly and Corey Karmazin. Each member of the team works diligently to provide modern dental technology, loving care, and time conscious service. You will find five unique qualities that each team member shares. We believe in and practice team etnics and we collectively make every day and every appointment fun. The unbridled desire for continuing education brings to you a higher level of expertise and skills. You will leave with a smile after experiencing our patience and positive attitudes. We share the simple goal of making your smile the invaluable asset it should be. Please call, text, or email to make your appointment for an evaluation of sleep apnea for you.
Our number is 605-323-1320 and we have plenty of convenient parking at our office, 5701 S. Remington Pl, Sioux Falls, SD 57108. At Karmazin Dental we want to achieve perfection with every procedure, but we will accept excellence.