What we know, is that our patients FEEL our passion. They feel that we are their biggest cheerleaders. They feel that we want the best for them. They do NOT feel judged. We want to give every patient the opportunity to say YES to the best dental care.
The Dental Veneer Procedure
There are three phases of the porcelain veneer process: the consultation, the preparation, and the placement.
- Consultation- To make sure that porcelain veneers are right for you, you will start with a consultation appointment with Karmazin Dental. Discussing your goals and health objectives at this appointment will help determine if porcelain veneers are an appropriate solution. We will also review the veneer options and color shades available.
- Preparation- In your preparation visit, we will start by making some room for the veneers to be placed over your existing teeth. In doing this, we will remove a thin layer of the tooth enamel. This procedure is usually painless, but we may offer you the option for anesthesia if you are feeling uncomfortable. Next, Karmazin Dental will take an impression of your teeth to use to create the new shape you are looking for with the veneers. We will also choose the most appropriate shade of porcelain to match the current color of your teeth or your selected color if you are looking to correct discoloration. Your veneers will next be created at the dental lab before they are ready for bonding.
- Placement- The last appointment is fun. Your veneers will be ready for placement, and you will get to leave with a restored, healthy smile. First, we will make sure the veneers match the color and shape desired. We may need to trim slightly before the bonding begins if they appear to need slight modification. After the veneers pass the test, we need to prepare your teeth by performing a general cleaning, polishing, and then etching of the teeth. Etching means to roughen up the front surface by using an abrasive dental liquid for the veneers to adhere to the teeth. Finally, a bonding cement will be placed before setting the veneers over the teeth. If the cement needs assistance in drying, a light will be used to quicken the curing, drying, process. When the cement has cured, you are finished. Make sure to speak with us about any follow-up appointments that are needed to ensure the veneers are comfortable after placement.
It's a Team Thing. Here at Karmazin Dental, we invest heavily in recruitment of “A+” team members. Everyone on Team Karmazin has unparallel talent and an ongoing commitment to continuing education. No matter who you see at your appointment, you can be assured that you will be met with a wealth of experience and knowledge not to mention, unequaled customer service.
Not Insurance Driven. The restrictions and limitations that dental insurance puts on its members and Dentists is continuously changing and it is not always for the betterment of the patient. Our focus at Karmazin Dental is to provide patients with the best course of treatment for them, period. For patients without dental insurance, we offer and in house membership plan, which gives the power BACK to our patients. By removing the restrictions of what insurance says they will or will not cover, patients get to spend their money the way they want.
Our philosophy is
CUSTOMIZED ORAL CARE
Growth: Always in ALL – Ways
Gratitude: Our patients provide EVERYTHING
Relentless: Clinical Excellence & continuing OUR education
Never Settle: Provide excellence but have the humility to know we will never get there. There is always something more to do, learn and improve upon.
20/20: Complete transparency with our patients and our team.
Integrity to the Core: Do what we say and say what we think.
Different Versions of Veneers Available
There are different types of veneers available to achieve your perfect smile. You will want to review your options with Karmazin Dental during your consultation appointment to make sure you choose the best option for your lifestyle:
- Porcelain- The most popular type, porcelain is a durable and long-lasting option. Ceramic layers are comprised of dentin and enamel to resemble a natural look and excellent fit. There will be some reduction in your natural tooth size with this method.
- Prepless- This option requires no reduction to the natural teeth before the placement. Prepless veneer shells are extremely thin porcelain pieces that lay over the existing teeth just like traditional porcelain veneers. If you are looking to correct several dental issues you may not be the best candidate for this option.
- Minimal Prep- As the name indicates, minimal prep veneers can be placed with little preparation to the teeth before bonding. A small amount of the tooth must be removed before the veneers are placed, allowing you the option of keeping your natural tooth structure in comparison to traditional porcelain veneers.
- Composite- If you are looking for a more affordable veneer restoration, composite veneers can be a great option. There can be little to no preparation needed for the teeth before placing this restoration. Composite veneers can be just as effective in correcting dental concerns. They do not last as long as porcelain, requiring replacement in five to ten years.
Porcelain Veneers Aftercare
You may experience tooth sensitivity after your veneers are placed when encountering hot and cold foods or drinks. This side effect tends to subside in a few weeks, but make sure to check with us if the sensation lasts longer or continues.
After achieving your new smile, you will want to make sure you are taking the time to maintain your veneers to ensure a longer result. If you grind your teeth, you should always wear a mouth guard while sleeping. Veneers, just like teeth, do not do well with clenching and twisting, and can result in cracking or fracturing. You will also be encouraged to avoid hard foods such as dense nuts or ice that can cause stress on your veneers.
We Love Creating Beautiful Smiles
The entire team at Karmazin Dental share the exceptional passion radiating from Drs. Molly and Corey Karmazin. Each member of the team works diligently to provide modern dental technology, loving care, and time conscious service. You will find five unique qualities that each team member shares. We believe in and practice team ethics and we collectively make every day and every appointment fun. The unbridled desire for continuing education brings to you a higher level of expertise and skills. You will leave with a smile after experiencing our patience and positive attitudes. We share the simple goal of making your smile the invaluable asset it should be. Please call, text, or email to make your appointment for an evaluation of the benefits of porcelain veneers for you.
Our number is 605-323-1320 and we have plenty of convenient parking at our office, 5701 S. Remington Pl, Sioux Falls, SD 57108. At Karmazin Dental we want to achieve perfection with every procedure, but we will accept excellence.