What we know, is that our patients FEEL our passion. They feel that we are their biggest cheerleaders. They feel that we want the best for them. They do NOT feel judged. We want to give every patient the opportunity to say YES to the best dental care.
The Levels of Sedation
There are several options to choose from, which include: local anesthesia, nitrous oxide, oral sedation, and intravenous sedation. The best option will be based on the type of procedure being performed, but basically you will be given several choices to help you feel comfortable and less anxious during your appointment.
- Mild Sedation: If our goal at Karmazin Dental is simply to relieve your anxiety, then this is the preferred choice. Mild sedation lessens your anxiety level and will also decrease the level of discomfort experienced. In some cases, it can even eliminate the pain all together.
- Medium Sedation: Medium sedation will be our better option if the procedure is more intense or invasive. During medium sedation, you are in a much deeper state of relaxation. You may experience amnesia from this option, so you will need to plan to have someone drive you home following the procedure.
The Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
The benefits of sedation dentistry can be significant. One of the single most obvious benefits from sedation dentistry is the reduction of your anxiety experienced during the procedure. Sedation dentistry is beneficial because it will help reduce anxiety. Sedation dentistry is a simple way to alleviate anxiety concerns. Sedation dentistry also removes or reduces tooth and gum sensitivity, which will then reduce your gag reflexes.
One of the major benefits of sedation dentistry is that you may feel like your dental procedure lasted only a few minutes, when in fact it might have taken considerably longer to perform. Sedation dentistry allows us to work faster and more effectively, which converts into a win-win situation, because you will be finished sooner.
It's a Team Thing. Here at Karmazin Dental, we invest heavily in recruitment of “A+” team members. Everyone on Team Karmazin has unparallel talent and an ongoing commitment to continuing education. No matter who you see at your appointment, you can be assured that you will be met with a wealth of experience and knowledge not to mention, unequaled customer service.
Not Insurance Driven. The restrictions and limitations that dental insurance puts on its members and Dentists is continuously changing and it is not always for the betterment of the patient. Our focus at Karmazin Dental is to provide patients with the best course of treatment for them, period. For patients without dental insurance, we offer and in house membership plan, which gives the power BACK to our patients. By removing the restrictions of what insurance says they will or will not cover, patients get to spend their money the way they want.
Our philosophy is
CUSTOMIZED ORAL CARE
Growth: Always in ALL – Ways
Gratitude: Our patients provide EVERYTHING
Relentless: Clinical Excellence & continuing OUR education
Never Settle: Provide excellence but have the humility to know we will never get there. There is always something more to do, learn and improve upon.
20/20: Complete transparency with our patients and our team.
Integrity to the Core: Do what we say and say what we think.
The Types of Dental Sedation Available
The sedation options Karmazin Dental offers can be classified as one of two types: conscious sedation and general anesthesia. During your procedure with conscious sedation, your consciousness is merely depressed. General anesthesia, in contrast, means that you are totally unconscious for the entire procedure. You will be unable to feel anything during the procedure and will have no memory of the procedure.
The methods for the delivery of the sedation include:
- Nitrous Oxide: Nitrous oxide is the mildest sedation option and the most common. The method for administering nitrous oxide is with the use of a mouthpiece. As you breath the nitrous oxide, you will enter a relaxed state. This process reduces both anxiety and discomfort that might be associated with your procedure.
- Oral Sedation: A more intense form of sedation is oral sedation. Oral sedation dentistry is now the most common technique used in the United States and Canada to stymie your fears. This simply involves you taking an anxiety medication to induce a state of deeper calm. This effect can last for several hours after the procedure so you will not be allowed to drive immediately following the procedure.
- IV Sedation: Intravenous Sedation, or IV, is the most intense form of sedation we offer. During IV Sedation, you are put into a state of unconsciousness. It will not be uncommon for you to experience amnesia both before and after the procedure. As before with the oral sedation procedure, you are not allowed to drive after the procedure.
Procedures that Benefit from Sedation Dentistry
Certain procedures, such as surgical tooth extractions, periodontal surgery, root canal treatment, and implant placement, may require sedation dentistry. Along with these, the use of sedation for other procedures is oftentimes decided at the discretion of Karmazin Dental. We may decide to provide sedation for procedures that may be more intensive, or we may decide to provide sedation for you if you are extremely anxious.
We Love Creating Beautiful Smiles
The entire team at Karmazin Dental share the exceptional passion radiating from Drs. Molly and Corey Karmazin. Each member of the team works diligently to provide modern dental technology, loving care, and time conscious service. You will find five unique qualities that each team member shares. We believe in and practice team ethics and we collectively make every day and every appointment fun. The unbridled desire for continuing education brings to you a higher level of expertise and skills. You will leave with a smile after experiencing our patience and positive attitudes. We share the simple goal of making your smile the invaluable asset it should be. Please call, text, or email to make your appointment for an evaluation of sedation dentistry for you.
Our number is 605-323-1320 and we have plenty of convenient parking at our office, 5701 S. Remington Pl, Sioux Falls, SD 57108. At Karmazin Dental we want to achieve perfection with every procedure, but we will accept excellence.