What we know, is that our patients FEEL our passion. They feel that we are their biggest cheerleaders. They feel that we want the best for them. They do NOT feel judged. We want to give every patient the opportunity to say YES to the best dental care.
Can You Benefit from a Fluoride Treatment?
Both children and adults can benefit from a fluoride treatment at Karmazin Dental, but it is more often recommended for a child with a high risk of cavities. It has been proven that the earlier a child is exposed to fluoride, the less likely they are to develop cavities.
It is important for infants and children between the ages of 6 months and 16 years to be exposed to fluoride. This is when the primary and permanent teeth come in. However, adults can benefit from fluoride as well. New research supports that topical fluoride, from toothpastes, mouth rinses, and fluoride treatments, are as important in fighting tooth decay as in strengthening developing teeth.
Fluoride has several benefits for the teeth:
- It helps your body better use minerals, such as calcium and phosphate. The teeth reabsorb these minerals to repair weak tooth enamel.
- For children, it joins into the tooth structure when the teeth are developing to strengthen the enamel, making them less vulnerable to bacteria and cavities.
- It slows or even reverses the development of cavities by harmful bacteria.
When taken together, these benefits may help to:
- Reduce your risk of cavities.
- Will slow the growth of cavities.
- Delays the need for dental treatment.
- Prolongs the life of baby teeth.
- Can reduce the amount of time spent at the dental office.
By preventing cavities and slowing the growth of bacteria, fluoride treatment may also:
- Prevent the development of gum disease.
- Reduce the possibility of tooth pain.
- Prevent the premature loss of teeth.
In addition, people with certain conditions may benefit from fluoride treatments. They include people with:
- Dry mouth conditions: Dry mouth caused by some diseases, certain medications, such as allergy medications, antihistamines, antianxiety drugs, and high blood pressure drugs, and head and neck radiation treatment make someone more prone to tooth decay. The lack of saliva makes it harder for food particles to be washed away and acids to be neutralized.
- Presence of crowns or bridges or braces: These treatments can put teeth at risk for decay at the point where the crown meets the underlying tooth structure or around the brackets of orthodontic appliances.
It's a Team Thing. Here at Karmazin Dental, we invest heavily in recruitment of “A+” team members. Everyone on Team Karmazin has unparallel talent and an ongoing commitment to continuing education. No matter who you see at your appointment, you can be assured that you will be met with a wealth of experience and knowledge not to mention, unequaled customer service.
Not Insurance Driven. The restrictions and limitations that dental insurance puts on its members and Dentists is continuously changing and it is not always for the betterment of the patient. Our focus at Karmazin Dental is to provide patients with the best course of treatment for them, period. For patients without dental insurance, we offer and in house membership plan, which gives the power BACK to our patients. By removing the restrictions of what insurance says they will or will not cover, patients get to spend their money the way they want.
Our philosophy is
CUSTOMIZED ORAL CARE
Growth: Always in ALL – Ways
Gratitude: Our patients provide EVERYTHING
Relentless: Clinical Excellence & continuing OUR education
Never Settle: Provide excellence but have the humility to know we will never get there. There is always something more to do, learn and improve upon.
20/20: Complete transparency with our patients and our team.
Integrity to the Core: Do what we say and say what we think.
The Fluoride Treatment Procedure
A fluoride treatment is a quick and simple procedure that can be completed in one visit to Karmazin Dental. We will first professionally clean your teeth before the fluoride is applied. The fluoride comes in a highly concentrated form as either a rinse, foam, gel, or varnish. It is applied to the teeth with a brush, swab, or mouthwash. Once the treatment has been completed, you will be advised to not eat, drink, or rinse for about 30 minutes to give the fluoride a chance to absorb into the teeth fully.
The Life Expectancy of Fluoride
Depending on your oral health, Karmazin Dental may recommend fluoride treatments every 6–12 months. If you are at a higher risk of developing tooth decay, we might also recommend additional preventive measures, such as over the counter or prescription fluoride mouth rinses or gels, or an antibacterial mouth rinse.
We Love Creating Beautiful Smiles
The entire team at Karmazin Dental share the exceptional passion radiating from Drs. Molly and Corey Karmazin. Each member of the team works diligently to provide modern dental technology, loving care, and time conscious service. You will find five unique qualities that each team member shares. We believe in and practice team ethics and we collectively make every day and every appointment fun. The unbridled desire for continuing education brings to you a higher level of expertise and skills. You will leave with a smile after experiencing our patience and positive attitudes. We share the simple goal of making your smile the invaluable asset it should be. Please call, text, or email to make your appointment for an evaluation of the benefits of a fluoride treatment for you or your child.
Our number is 605-323-1320 and we have plenty of convenient parking at our office, 5701 S. Remington Pl, Sioux Falls, SD 57108. At Karmazin Dental we want to achieve perfection with every procedure, but we will accept excellence.